Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I have not touched Me Blog in Foreverrrrrrr




It’s almost 2013 and I have not touched ***say the rest in a pirate accent***
 Me blog in foreverrrrr….
Why?  O my, well I got a real job and have not been doing Freelance work in a while or art shows. But let me tell you, I miss it sooo much.  But the steady pay check is nice.  I must say my biggest disappointment this year was that the world did not end.  Talk about Epic Fail.  So I went to see the Hobbit this weekend and I had to giggle.  I saw it on Sunday, 12/23/2012 and all the previews of trailers before the movie were about, come on guess, I dare you.  Ok, Ok, Ok, every single movie trailer was about the end of the world.  OMG….  I was not fearful about the end of the world because being in marketing and working on graphics all the time I could only imagine the Mayans just being plain tired from creating every calendar.  I am sure there was a job description that was passed on after this certain Mayan worker finished the calendar and told them how to continue the calendar.  But then that someone thought, you know, no one will ever notice and by that time, they will have futuristic things that can print calendars easy.  O,  what a revolution on the Apocalypse.  ***Giggle***
So the world continues as the day of our lives.  And so I reflect on the last 3 years.   A few months ago I received a notice from the state telling me I had been divorced for 3 years.  Wow, thanks state for drumming up that old memory, stabbing me in the heart with a wooden stake and then stepping on it.   I have been trying to forget about that.  LOL.  But, with the destruction of any mass land or forest comes beauty that grows from it.  After being married for 15 years and thrown into a society that really noticed that I was no longer married, I noticed very quickly this was a whole new scary strange world.  I was side tracked for a while and pretty busy to notice.  I mean with the divorce going on , my dad passing away, my grandfather shooting himself and the other grand father passing in one year while I continue to work my but off to get a job, see my kids, do art shows and freelance.  The good thing is I had the funeral outfit down and that black dress has been in the closet for a while.  LOL.   Ofcourse even with all of that I continued the conventions and art shows becasue that was part of my job.  J O darn!  So with this and going to conventions I Iearned a few things like,  maybe I shouldn’t be so open and accepting of people.  Well, here’s a few more scenarios for you.
Lessons learned ( I shake my head with embarrassment but if it helps someone else out, so be it):
1)      I learned that sometimes if you talk to a socially acquired people and become their friend they quickly think you are into them, more than a friend.  Umm – this took me several instances of reoccurrences for me to realize this. Now I do my best not to be as nice and friendly.  Ugh…. Yes, I am slow and totally non observant to these issues.  Sadly my kids (who are 18 and 15) got to the point they wanted to Cos Play Men in Black at a convention, have ear pieces so when someone started to hit on me they they would let me know with my ear. Abort mission, throw dice on the ground, go, go, go, go!  Hoping that a ploy like this would help me from some acquired situation.  I mean, it does take a freight truck for me to understand the situation.
2)      I learned that when someone invites you up for tea after a movie that they don’t just want to have tea.
3)      I learned that when someone asks you to come over to watch a movie they don’t necessarily want to watch a movie.

So other than that life change I started on a mission to rebuild my life. I think this year was probably the most successful one so farI found a steady job, I continue to battle and continue to recover from health issues, got a new apartment and a new vehicle.  Woo Hooo….  I continue to see my awesome offspring as much as possible and continued to bellydance,  So what’s next?
This year I am going to start going to cons again this year, work on my art (outside of work) and plan a few shows and photo shoots.nbsp;It will not be to the extreme I did before but it will be enough to keep me busy.I am working on opening my Etsy store again soon (Dork Side Girl) and reopened my Facebook fan page.  It closed briefly due to misunderstanding that my geeky art, it’s fiction, it’s not real and it is fun.  Clean healthy fun.  Ok it maybe a little messy but still its clean healthy fun.  When it’s stop being healthy, that’s when it’s time to work on something else.  :D
What art pieces are coming up?
R2D2 Dice project is still in the works, some fan art, my dice geekery and some other items up my sleeve.  I can not divulge that information until it’s that time or I’d have to, I dunno, lick your nose or something like that, and none of us want that.  I know I don’t want any buggers, because that is just gross.
Woo Hoo!!!!  And the beat goes on... And the beat goes on.....
I'll update more laters.  Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment